A gem from Yorkshire group Ceiling Demons, who release this track as part of a 2-track release to celebrate Friday 13th of June.
- Beat into a zombie state
- They can't relate to your addiction to escape
- They can't relate to the pain, you try to compensate
- Replace the hate, relight the flames to light your way home again
- Take the long way, sober up in the breaking day
- We sometimes get so carried away
- Forget the promises that we make
- Although sealed with a handshake, a mistake, a piss take
- Making a mess of your place
- Dead baggies and piss stains
- Empty cans growing by the day
- 23 feet high, drunk and dazed, wasting days
- How long does it take for this poison to claim?
- I'll explain once the Ceiling Demons amputate.
- Are you afraid, are you awake?
- The mirrors are staring you in the face
- Don't be afraid, you are not awake
- Now we can amputate.
- Don't give up on this
- It'll be alright if you try and win.
- Should I keep beating on the door of my own thoughts?
- I have been and fought for my own sort
- And won some, drawn more
- So what the fuck was I born for?
- And ain't made proud those I mourn for
- Feet that are worn raw creep to the fourth floor
- Dangle on the precipice and scream "what's it all for?"
- It's psychological enslavement
- Brains lay scattered on the battered grey pavement
- The magistrate's wavelength resonates the suicide
- Bottom of the bottle I inhabit makes the truth arise
- So I sit above a chosen cliff
- Yearning for a person I could rest and share the moment with
- Do I live inside a broken myth?
- Tied to these thoughts that I give, as I hope to live.
- So I've been beating up my body, mentally and physically
- I do this constantly, striving for some chemistry
- Soul searching trying to find some tranquillity.
- Chemicals no longer need to be ingested for me to see more clearly
- Love your brothers, love your sisters.
- But still crank up your transistors
- This is a takeover which results in the reaper
- Taking your soul like an addict and a dealer.
- Broken heart or failed liver?
- You may have to amputate what doesn't kill ya.
- Keep waking up sweating, finding no answer to this equation
- Keep on questioning self worth and discipline
- Head keeps on thinking: I need this shit to start soothing
- My soul, my intentions from what I know, are good
- But when I'm drunk, I'm cold. I don't give a fuck!
- Evil, nah just bad, bad with the skunk
- Devil on your shoulder make you drink and smoke up
- Lurking on the Ceiling, like the Demons in luck
- Grim reaper wants your soul before you know it's been took
- Shook up! No luck! We are corrupt!
Get a weekly summary of UKHH lyrics in your inbox: